Friday, September 25, 2015
Leading my Team
I'm just now staring my junior year of college and also my third year of college basketball. All through my time of playing basketball throughout my life, I have rarely been called upon to be a leader of the team I play for. It wasn't because I wasn't capable of it or was afraid to be but because there were always people ahead of me that were older or more experienced or just all around better at the game than I was. This year I find myself in a position where I have to be one of the leaders of my team because we have lost some of our leadership from the past years and now I have to step up as well as some other people. Being a captain of the team isn't a really big deal to me because no matter what I will step up and speak up and try and lead my team in the best possible direction for success because that's ultimately what I want for us. Don't get me wrong being a captain is a great honor and I would graciously accept that role but it wouldn't change my approach to my season and my role I have now whether I were a captain or not because in the end I just want to win and have fun doing it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nice post; it's nice to see a writer give insight to his innermost feelings about what he is writing. This gives the reader a deeper connection and understanding about what is being said.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate your insight and know you would make a good captain. Being considered or picked for a position like this is and honor. Your coach must think highly of you and your abilities. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome!! I wish you the best in basketball. I look forward to cheering you on!!
ReplyDelete-Zoe Snyder